#pongolagamereserve #pongola #accommodation #reserve #lodge #mvuburiverlodge #lakejozini #ontheriver #pongolaaccommodation #southafrica #kzn #fishing
#pongolagamereserve #lakejozini #nkwazilakelodge #mvuburiverlodge #wildlife #birding #flyfishing #tigerfishing #boatcruises #gamedrives #rhinotracking #accommodationkzn #fullcatering #selfcatering #pongola #gamereserve #fishing #safariboat #fisheaglesafariboat
This is a new addition to the Pongola Game Reserve
◦ Aloha is a small upmarket development with individual owned properties and situated only 20km from the SA border and 190km from the Pongola Game Reserve.
◦ The moment you cross the border from South Africa you enter a different world with a different pace.
You need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to reach Aloha.
◦ This beautiful 5 bedroom Bali style lodge is situated right on the beach with un-interrupted views of the ocean and white sandy beach.
◦ From July to October you can watch the magnificent social acrobatic play of the Humpback Whales from the comfort of your deck. These magnificent animals migrate from the Antarctic to give birth in the warmer waters of the Mozambique and RSA coast.
◦ During November to March you are virtually guaranteed to see either Leatherback or Loggerhead turtles coming out late afternoon or during the night to lay their eggs.
◦ The area is a Butterfly hot spot and you will be amazed how many species of Butterflies you can attract by putting out crushed Bananas.
◦ The entrance to the Maputo Elephant Reserve is only 30 minutes drive up North.
◦ The Lodge has a large open plan living area and fully equipped kitchen and DSTV.
◦ The separate rooms linked by wooden decks are spacious, has a walk in closet, large shower area, toilet and wash basin and air conditioning in al bed rooms. Linen and one towel per person provided. Bring own beach towels.
◦ Swimming pool and entertainment area with bar overlooking the ocean.
◦ 10 minutes stroll along the beach to Federico’s snorkelling spot.
◦ Fully serviced with two assistants at your disposal.
◦ Back up Generator.
Minimum:19ºC Average:23ºC Maximum:26ºC
The water clarity during April was muddy due to the very low water level and very little water flowing in from the river.
The water level has decreased drastically and there are several sandbanks in the river section. The very muddy water in the river did not help the tiger fishing in the beginning of the month however once the mud settled the fishing became better at the entrance of the dam.
Fishing Areas (Best spots):
The best spots during this month were at the entrance of the dam.
1kg Tiger fish.
1.5 kg Tiger fish.
3.5 kg was the largest Tiger fish caught in the first week of April. It was caught on sardines.
Details of fish caught:
Guests where very successful this month using sardines and chicken livers.
Barbel (Catfish) were also caught regularly on sardines, chicken livers and chicken hearts.
Bait of the Month:
Sardines and chicken hearts and livers.
The bait trend for April was mostly sardines as the water clarity was muddy. The weather during April was quite warm which helped to keep the water temperature up and therefore the fishing was good.
Guests can still launch at the new launch site at Nkwazi and they can park trailers and easily access their own boats from this site. If you have larger boats we suggest launching at the KZN launch site.
Congratulations Trevor With your 5kg Tiger Fish.