White-Backed Vulture (Gyps africanus)
He just gave me enough time to take the picture then he disappeared back in to his nest. Breeding season is June to September in KwaZulu-Natal. One egg is laid and both parents care for it for 58 days. Once hatched, the parents take shifts to care for the chick. The chick receives food from both parents and begins to leave the nest between 108-140 days after hatching. The vulture chick is fully independent around 5-6 months later.
Pongola Game Reserve is running a special on both our fully catering lodges, Nkwazi Lake Lodge and Mvubu River Lodge from 10 October 2018 – 10 December 2018 @ 40% discount only R750.00 / person / night sharing, dinner bed and breakfast. Terms and conditions apply.
#Special #attractions #nature #pongolagamereserve #kznaccommodation #southafrica #tourism #lodges #lakejozini #fullycatering #pongolaaccommodation #jozinidamaccommodation #accommodationinjozini #joziniaccommodation #pongola #reserve #nkwazilakelodge #mvuburiverlodge
#pongolagamereserve #pongola #accommodation #reserve #lodge #mvuburiverlodge #lakejozini #ontheriver #pongolaaccommodation #southafrica #kzn #fishing
#pongolagamereserve #lakejozini #nkwazilakelodge #mvuburiverlodge #wildlife #birding #flyfishing #tigerfishing #boatcruises #gamedrives #rhinotracking #accommodationkzn #fullcatering #selfcatering #pongola #gamereserve #fishing #safariboat #fisheaglesafariboat
The Nile crocodile is the world’s second-heaviest living reptile by average mass.
This is a new addition to the Pongola Game Reserve
◦ Aloha is a small upmarket development with individual owned properties and situated only 20km from the SA border and 190km from the Pongola Game Reserve.
◦ The moment you cross the border from South Africa you enter a different world with a different pace.
You need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to reach Aloha.
◦ This beautiful 5 bedroom Bali style lodge is situated right on the beach with un-interrupted views of the ocean and white sandy beach.
◦ From July to October you can watch the magnificent social acrobatic play of the Humpback Whales from the comfort of your deck. These magnificent animals migrate from the Antarctic to give birth in the warmer waters of the Mozambique and RSA coast.
◦ During November to March you are virtually guaranteed to see either Leatherback or Loggerhead turtles coming out late afternoon or during the night to lay their eggs.
◦ The area is a Butterfly hot spot and you will be amazed how many species of Butterflies you can attract by putting out crushed Bananas.
◦ The entrance to the Maputo Elephant Reserve is only 30 minutes drive up North.
◦ The Lodge has a large open plan living area and fully equipped kitchen and DSTV.
◦ The separate rooms linked by wooden decks are spacious, has a walk in closet, large shower area, toilet and wash basin and air conditioning in al bed rooms. Linen and one towel per person provided. Bring own beach towels.
◦ Swimming pool and entertainment area with bar overlooking the ocean.
◦ 10 minutes stroll along the beach to Federico’s snorkelling spot.
◦ Fully serviced with two assistants at your disposal.
◦ Back up Generator.
Woke up to the sound of rain this morning.